social media marketing services

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

SEO Still SUCKS! Damn the animals!

First there were Pandas...

Then there were Penguins...

Then there were Phish (not for everyone)...

What happened with Panda (for me)?
- Site went from #2 to #47.. then #18.. then #12.. then #7...

I got lucky and the Penguins danced right by my... keep on keepen on Penguins!

Then out of no where my site gets attacked with the most aggressive phishing attack I've ever seen!  Google de-lists the site... My host had to block the site.. we had to use six different IPs just to keep it up long enough to find and fix the problem... so where are we now.. #49... UGH!!!

How did we keep the leads coming in?

We had to quickly switch to paid sources (maybe this was Google's plan all along)!  The CPC on most of our keywords was $5 so that was a little pricey.  So we decided to leverage our videos... hmmm... I like that idea.

We were able to buy the same keywords for $0.20 and our clicks (from the video to our money site) were at about $2.13.  So basically we were engaging customers at $0.20 and bringing them over to our site for $2.13.  What we noticed was our conversions were through the roof relative to visits.

Why?

The visitor was already engaged in what we do... they had already watched the video (done their research).. now they wanted service... lovely!

Today I sit with a battered and bruised site (and ego)... this time I'm going to let it sit for a bit and hope that it comes back naturally... well.. I'm going to try to..

What a time to be an internet marketer...

1 comment:

  1. It is very good blog.I am also looking for this from a long time.Many people like to visit here.I have seen many things over here.It is very good.

    Action Coach Training

    ReplyDelete